Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Lessons in Life...

1. Lord, are you trying to tell me something?

For...

Failure does not mean I'm a failure;It does mean I have not yet succeeded.
Failure does not mean I have accomplished nothing;It does mean I have learned something.
Failure does not mean I have been a fool;It does mean I had enough faith to experiment.
Failure does not mean I have disgraced;It does mean I have dared to try.
Failure does not mean I don't have it;It does mean I have something to do in a different way.
Failure does not mean I am inferior;It does mean I am not perfect.
Failure does not mean I have wasted my life;It does mean that I have an excuse to start over.
Failure does not mean that I should give up;It does mean that I should try harder.
Failure does not mean that I will never make it;It does mean that I need more practice.
Failure does not mean that you have abandoned me;It does mean that you must have a better idea

2. Lessons from an Oyster

There once was an oyster
Whose story I tell,
Who found that some sand
Had got into his shell.
It was only a grain,
but it gave him great pain.
For oysters have feelings
Although they're so plain.

Now, did he beratethe harsh workings of fate
That had brought him
To such a deplorable state?
Did he curse at the government,
Cry for election,
And claim that the sea should
Have given him protection?

'No,' he said to himself
As he lay on a shell,
Since I cannot remove it,
I shall try to improve it.
Now the years have rolled around,
As the years always do,
And he came to his ultimate
Destiny ­ stew.

And the small grain of sand
That had bothered him so
Was a beautiful pearl
All richly aglow.
Now the tale has a moral,for isn't it grand
What an oyster can do
With a morsel of sand?

What couldn't we do
If we'd only begin
With some of the things
That get under our skin.

No comments: