Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rain...

I love the rain. I love the smell of it. I love the sound. The splashing sound of the water as it lashes against my windows. The howling of the wind at night as it sweeps the raindrops farther than their reach. I love the way the rain kissed leaves smell, the way the parched earth looks after it has been kissed by the droplets. I love the smells of the wet earth. I love the green leaves on trees after they have been washed by the waters. I love getting wet in the first rain of the season. Watching kids in my neighborhood run out of their homes and play in the water. The smiles that the first rains bring. the hot tea and the delicious waft of samosas in the kitchens. I love cuddling up under a blanket when it is pouring outside. Sitting in my dimly lit living room and watching a thriller movie while listening to the crackling of the lightning. I enjoy the long drives in the drizzle. The feel of water as it traces my face. I love the rain!

No comments: